Cremation Urns: Things You Need to Know
When considering cremation, an important decision to make is selecting a cremation memorial urn or other tokens of your loved one’s life. There is a wide range of designs, colours, and materials available, as well as custom embellishments, giving you the option of selecting something as unique and special as the individual you represent.
Whether it is a beautifully decorated ceramic urn or a delicately carved wooden vessel, or eco-friendly options, you will find the perfect way to commemorate the life of your loved one. From choosing the suitable urn for you to planning every element of the funeral, we can help you plan every aspect of cremation, including selecting the suitable urn for you.
Full-sized Funeral Cremation Urns
Cremation urns are available in many shapes and sizes. A full-size urn is a traditional way to remember a loved one. These urns contain cremated remains. Most people are familiar with vase-shaped urns, but funeral urns can also be as simple as a box with a lid. The cremation box can be square or rectangular, tall or short. These options are bought with families, and the customization options are numerous, allowing the cremation urn to be as unique as the person it is remembered for.
Types of materials for full-size funeral urns
Urns come in many materials, such as stone, wood, and metal. Let’s look at some popular options:
- Stone – Since ancient times, stones have been worked for both practical and inspiring elements. A stone urn combines these characteristics, transforming raw material into a work of art. Families can choose from smooth marble, tiger eye (dark in colour), and naturally textured stone.
- Wood – An urn made of wood provides beauty, strength, and warmth. There is no right or wrong way to do it; it can be as sober or expressive as the person whose memory it honours. Think about a chest made of birch, cherry, or red alder. Some wooden urns canada have beautiful stone inlays or wooden accents that complement the colour of the wood caskets.
- Metal – Whether burnished to a fine shine or aged with an heirloom look, metal offers long-lasting strength and unique beauty. Designs of all shapes and styles offer selections suitable for any need. Whether it’s a copper urn with cascading red flowers, a nickel-plated urn with blue accents and a dove design, or a discreet, solid, polished piece of pewter or cast bronze urn, your metal urn can represent the personality of your being. Dear.
- Glass – Some materials eventually become more beautiful through heat. The crystal urns display graceful movement and graceful beauty and represent a unique way to honour and remember. Consider a hand-blown glass bowl with a gold crown or a beautiful jewel-toned glass urn.
- Resin – As an ideal example of resilience and beauty, resin-based urns combine manufactured materials with artisanal art. Options include a floral motif in deep indigo or burgundy.
- Ceramics – Ceramic works have been appreciated throughout history by many cultures. You can use it to commemorate a special life. Whether it’s an understated earth tone or a bold pink, ceramic urns are an excellent way to remember a loved one.
- Eco-conscious – There is nothing like the beauty of nature. These natural material scatter urns commemorate the serenity of nature and a personal connection to the land, air and sea. Options include medium-density fibreboard urns, salt rock urns, sand urns, or recycled paper and cardboard. Both saline rock and sand urns are intended for aquatic or marine burials and will dissolve in water in a few days to just a few hours.
Many full-size urns allow for maximum customization. You can engrave the funeral urn with names, dates, poems, pictures, Bible verses, or any non-copyrighted writing. A small plane can be engraved on the urn for his uncle, a pilot in his spare time. Or consider recording a birdie for an avid bird watcher. Pots can be as unique as the person it is remembered for.
Read also: Cremation: What is It and How Does It Work?
As part of the healing process, you should remember your loved one. In addition to our full-size urns, you can choose to gift or save a smaller gift with beautiful keepsake urns. These precious little reminders can help provide comfort to families by honouring and remembering a loved one. Choose from unique styles like a wooden acorn or a handmade brass star, rose, or songbird souvenir.
Keepsake Urns: Types and Uses
Keepsake urns can be personalized with names and dates, song lyrics, poems or quotes without copyright. Full-size burial urns come in a variety of materials and shapes. Many of the full-size funeral urns also come in small sizes. Make sure to ask your CasketMart expert about the options for keepsake sizes.
Materials Used In Keepsake Urns
- Metal – Families can choose from nickel-plated brass vases, brass with a silver finish, an intricately designed rose, or a polished pewter-finished heart.
- Stone – Marble or naturally textured stone are both options for a stone keepsake.
- Wood – Wood keepsakes can come in various shapes, such as a rectangle, a heart or square cremation box, a star, or a wooden acorn.
- Lamps – Imagine a beautiful stained glass lamp containing the cremated remains of your loved one placed on a small table. Unique options, such as the butterfly and the shape of a traditional lamp, can be an alternative to a traditionally shaped funeral urn.
Alternatives and additions to traditional cremation urns
Dispersion urns and biodegradable urns
The elegant dispersal urns will allow you to reunite your loved one with the natural spaces that he loved. Beautiful urns made from the natural saline rock will dissolve after a few hours in water and can be used for sea burials or water funerals. Our biodegradable urns can also be placed near a tree or flower garden to honour your love of nature. Always check with your local government as there are often restrictions on where dispersals can take place.
During the funeral planning process for a loved one who has chosen cremation, a cremation urn for use during the funeral or observation. A cremation container is similar to a coffin and allows friends and family to say goodbye during the funeral ceremony, visitation, or observation before the cremation takes place. After the observation or funeral service, the cremation container is transported to the crematorium, where the funeral will occur.
Through keepsakes, be it a small urn or full-sized, you can keep your loved one close at all times with a lasting reminder. Children, grandchildren, spouses, and siblings may appreciate a personal way of remembering their unique relationship.
We are Here To Help.
View our selections and find the best option for you by contacting your casket toronto provider. You will discover various cremation urns, remembrance keepsakes, and other alternatives to traditional individual urns. Our professionals at CasketMart are always available to help you personalize an appropriate tribute for you or your loved one.